Today I felt like a bum after Landon left. He is spending the night in Lawton, which is becoming a common thing on the weekends so I don't see him till late late Saturday. After taking a small nap and sitting there thinking about my life for the billionth time, I decided that me, Briggs, Par, and Sara needed to go to the lake. I know Sara is always aching for things to do with the boys. We hadn't been to the lake, but the phone book (I've become really resourceful at finding things) said it had a playground, swimming area, and nature center.Of course, she was all for it and we left in 15 minutes. The drive was longer, but what the heck...Sara always comments on how time means nothing here. We have all the time in the world! We eventually spotted this little sign that pointed to the right that said, "The Little Zoo". It ended up being a perfect little zoo, such cool animals!

The bear cat...ever heard of it? Me neither, until today. It's the weirdest creature, but kinda cute at the same time. Big and furry like a bear with a little face, little nose, and long whiskers. We also saw a big big huge huge huge (Brigham's words) snake! 17 feet long and a pale orangey-yellow color. Creeeeepy. It looked at me with clouded over eyes and the guy that worked there showed me the heat pockets on his face that meant he was about to strike. Hmm....I decided to look at something else. We saw some wolves, fox's, mtn lion, black bears, ugly pigs, and kangaroos, just to name a few. We even got to walk up the kangaroos and feed them! So cool!
Oh yes, I forgot to mention how incredibly hot I got. I most conveniently wore a light green shirt which proceeded to show the sweat forming on my back...yes, it was hot. This cute little gal kept munching on her cracker, giving us cute eyes and sitting there all pleasantly. She twirled her hair in her finger and had perfect manners. She was cute!
These are a couple other pics of playin with the boys. One of the way nice and cool (literally) things about Oklahoma City is they have "Splash Pads". They are free and done by the city. It's a playground with water shooting out of towers, out of the ground, etc. Briggs and Parley LOVE trains. This one went right by the playground and they were enthralled with it, just soaking up the "choooo-chooooo" and watching it go by. "My doo-doo dwain!!!" Parley always says...
The first two are of the Oklahoma and these two are the Dallas. The weather and look of the temple kept reminding me of England, not sure why...



Tiera you were a gorgeous bride! Those photo's are beautiful! Aunt Cheryl
ReplyDelete