As I've been here, there are some things that I've experienced for the first time:
*Speed Limit 60 on the freeway--this is the most popular speed on their freeways, and almost everyone seems to go that speed...I guess I'm just a crazy little Utahn that's used to going 7 over... is that weird?
*First time having a boy as a permanent roommate
Ha ha, this is extremely new and different.
*Since living in Oklahoma, I hadn't seen a temperature below 80 degrees...until a couple days ago!!! It was during a rainstorm, the wind was blowing...and I got cold being outside for the first time in this blessed state.
*First time seeing such incredible weather--I love Oklahoma for this reason...the weather is always suprising me, despite it always being deathly humid and hot. It can be sunny and no wind--30 minutes later you see these black clouds moving in FAST, it's windy, and you're afraid there's gonna be a tornado sighting. Brigham keeps saying that he sees tornadoes, but I think it's a lie...he's got a great imagination.
*Another first that I am so so so grateful for is going to the Oklahoma City temple. Me and Landon were finally able to go this morning and I felt so incredible. We are so lucky to have it just 30 minutes away, and I've been dying to go ever since I found it. We did wake up earlier than we ever have since we've been here (7:45--hey, that's wayyyy early for us) but it was totally worth it. Unfortunately, this is only the second time I've been able to go to the temple, so it's been a whole month and I felt that I was almost going for the first time again. Actually, not true. I wasn't nearly as frazzled and didn't feel like everyone was staring at me.
The temple...is so amazing. Hard to describe the feelings you get when you go...I wanted to do it again as soon as it was over, the peace you feel is so wonderful. The best part is that I get to do with Landon, my best friend and permanent companion. It's kind of our thing, a date we get to have together whenever we get the chance.
Well, I keep wanting to post pics, but whenever I go to Panera to post them from my computer, it takes at least a gazillion years to do 5 of them and sometimes it doesn't work...so I might just be putting pics on facebook instead if it's easier. Sorry! I want this blog to be all cutey cute, but for now it will have to just be my posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment