So I made it back to Utah last week. Boy were me and Sara excited to get back here! Anyone that has been around me since I got back would know very well that I didn't enjoy the heat and humidity back there...not one little bit. So after two days of driving, entertaining the boys, and going crazy for the last couple hours...WE MADE IT!!! It was so nice to step outside the car and feel the cool nighttime air sweep over my body, it was sooooo refreshing. But you know what? I wasn't as excited as I thought I would be. Actually, I hardly felt excited at all. And I immediately knew why--I was missing my husband.
It's funny how eternity can have such a hand a your life, isn't it? Landon and I were talking a bit ago about how we can feel this connection between us sometimes, like some divine hand at work making our marriage stronger. That good ol' triangle with us and the Lord, I love knowing about it and making Him a part of our marriage!
So anyway, back to me getting home. My mom picked me up from Sara's and I went home to sleep in the bed I slept alone in weeks before our wedding....weird. I just got used to taking care of this guy who eats a ton, makes it difficult to fall asleep sometimes because of his heavy breathing, and leaves a trail of clothes as he enters the house. I miss being the little homemaker...
I'm not quite sure how to feel in every situation that presents itself. Like how I went to a Single's Stake Luau in Provo with Liz and Nickole. Of course a boy would ask me if I went on a mission because he saw my garment line through my shirt...some guys are kinda weird, right? So after saying no and his continual prying into my life, he found out I was married, got all weirdy, and that was that. I just feel a little lost wherever I go because I come back and it's like I'm not married...crazy feeling.
It's really odd being here without Landon. I keep wishing he was here with me, looking at apartments, coming with me to my cousin's surprise 40th birthday party, getting a delicious snow cone, playing games with my family...it will be nice to get back to a life where we might see each other a little more on the weekends and do some fun things!
So even though I don't enjoy the 100+ temperatures in Oklahoma, I'm flying back there tomorrow. I might only get to see Landon for an hour or two every day I'm there, but I'll make it work and be so happy to see him! So Ooooooooooklahoma here I come! Just have to decide what to feed him when I get there...
I know all about that clothes thing, and his breathing issues, and the eating a ton thing. Don't ya just LOVE it!! :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, that Mrs. Clark's Class comment was me, Sally, not Mrs. Clark whoever that is. haha ;)
ReplyDelete